With years of experience, our practitioners can advise you of the best approach and the most appropriate tests for you. We take into account your health goals and design a program to maximise your energy ensuring that your body is ageing as healthy as possible. The tests may include :
• Gene profile for example 23andme reports and gene mutations eg. MTHFR, COMT, CBS, MAOA, GAD, GSTM1, and many more.
An example is MTHFR which stands for methylene-tetrahydrofolate reductase. There are two key variants we test for (as at this stage there is little or no research on the others mutations in the MTHFR).
SNPs that we currently test for :
- MTHFR C677T
- MTHFR A1298C
It is an enzyme that converts folate you eat into the active form (5-Methyltetrahydrofolate). It is important for proper cellular function and methylation. Various critical reactions in the body require the donation of methyl groups to become active. Such as
- Amino acid metabolism (for neurotransmitter, serotonin, dopamine and norepinephrine production and detoxification).
- Formation and maturation of RBC (red blood cells), WBC (white blood cells) and platelet production.
- Essential for detoxification of homocysteine.
It is very important to get tested for these gene mutations as they increase the risk of developing :
- Cancer, Heart Disease, Coronary artery disease
- Venous thrombosis and stroke
- Type 2 Diabetes and Obesity
- Neural tube defects, Recurrent miscarriage, Stillbirths
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Depression and other mood disorders
• Hair analysis for nutritional and mineral status, heavy metals and food allergies.
• Hormone testing : Thyroid, Female and Male Hormones, Adrenal Hormones, hormones linked with diminished memory, impaired sleep, low libido, osteoporosis and cardiovascular disease.
• Comprehensive stool analysis is an advanced non-invasive diagnostic tool for assessing gastrointestinal function. The analysis investigates digestion + metabolism + pancreatic function + the balance of beneficial bacteria + presence of pathological bacteria, yeast and parasites.
• Organic acids test a unique profile into cellular energy status, neurotransmitter metabolism, nutrient deficiencies and intestinal bacterial metabolism.
The core technology behind our in-house assessment tests, which measure the body’s cellular response to challenges from a wide array of substances including various foods. These comprehensive tests include :
- PH- acid/alkaline balance test
- IgG food allergy blood spot test